This is the documentation space for the MPS Server Room. The purpose of this wiki is to provide the research community with information on server room access, policies and procedures.
The MPS Server Room is a modern, climate-controlled state-of-the-art facility located in Room #1060 of the Molecular Plant Sciences (MPS) building. Access to the server room is offered to laboratories to house enterprise rack-mounted servers for life sciences research.
Infrastructure maintenance, access and monitoring are provided by MSU ITS and the MPS Facilities Manager.
Access to the room is keycard access controlled, and limited to a few key personnel including John Johnston and Bill Park of Plant Biology, and select ITS staff.
John Johnston (PLB S-152) is the primary point of contact for the facility.
Overview of Facility Features
The server room facility currently offers the following capabilities/features:
- Five (5) 42U racks
- 24x7 environmental and security monitoring
- Keycard access controlled
- FM-200 fire suppression system
- Generator backup
- Liebert Cooling System
- Video surveillance monitoring
- Costs are approximately $15/u/month.
- Some setup fees may be required
- Contact John Johnston for more details or to arrange a tour and cost estimate.